We love the idea of a beauty box arriving every month, with fresh new products to try. So we decided to order THE BIRCHBOX to see what all the fuss was about.
The website gives you a sneak peek into the previous boxes and there are several buying options to choose from. We opted to just buy one box to test out the service and items received.
Ordering is easy, and they ask you a few questions so they can match the products to your personal profile. The box is £12.95 for 5 items and this month we also got 2 bonus products.
The box arrives within a few days it’s beautifully packaged and it’s like getting a present in the post ( Albeit one we’ve paid for and knew was coming 🙈😂) . This months design is Cath Kidson with her recognisable floral print adorning the cute box. Inside is
- A 30 ml Cath kidson handcream that goes on like a dream and smells divine.
- A fabulous mini Model Co highlighter. This is perfect for daytime use and gives your cheekbones a delicate glow.
- Marcelle B.B. cream. We will defiantly be ordering this product in the larger size. The texture is light, it’s easy to apply, moisturised the skin well and with just enough coverage.
- Beautaniq Beauty fill and tame brow gel. Perfect for touch ups but not hardcore enough on the brows for either of us.
- Lumene Nordic sleeping cream. A complete winner for us ! A super rich,nourishing and hydrating cream, that makes your skin look like you’ve had a great nights sleep, even when you haven’t.
- Cargo blusher in sunset beach. Great colour would suit all skin tones, applies well and stays put all day !
- Spectrum brush A04 gorgeous brush feels like silk on your skin, great quality, we will be looking into this brand further.
All in all the Birchbox was a winner with us. Great service and value for money. Encourages you to use different brands and products you wouldn’t normally try. More than enough product to give every item a good trial , before buying the full size version. Fantastic sizes for toiletry bag for mini breaks or for popping in your handbag for touch ups. Get ordering girls.
We would love to hear about your experiences with beauty boxes, or if there’s one you would like us to try drop us a line.
Next stop the Glossy Box 💕
Much love Sharkey and Duff Xx